Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A GIRL OF 19

No joke - twice this week it was assumed I was very young. How young? Not old enough to drink young. 

I was out with my friend Camille for lunch - we started talking to the couple next to us. They asked if we were mother and daughter...(Camille was mortified)...the couple explained they thought I was 19 and seemed genuinely surprised to hear I was...well much older. 

On the train to from Philly to NYC the college student next to me asks "So are you headed home for the Holiday?" I panic of course because I think geez I never even put Easter presents in the mail...she notices I'm confused and says "For Passover...you headed home for Passover? So were do you go? Penn State? I go to Villanova..." I don't know which part of that conversation was more shocking....I sat stunned and silent.

I get that a lot lately...I seem young. I'm confused by the messaging. Is it the Botox? My sense of rebirth I seem to be experiencing? Or the general lack of maturity I may not be exuding these days? 

It's only adding to the life crisis. Not helping people. Just making it all that more confusing and difficult....

No comments:

Post a Comment